Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to Busted Thoughts. Back in the summer of 2008 I started this blog thing. At that time we had a little Bible study at our house and I figured the blog was a good way to keep the discussion flowing. Well that little Bible study started and stopped a few times till finally we just stopped it all together, but the blog remained. Not only did the blog remain but its focus stayed on the Word of God. Busted Thoughts is really just a Bible study.

At first the blog entries covered a variety of biblical subjects. Most topics focused on what I called “Living It.” But as of late the entries have been more focused on subject studies. The subject study titled “Jesus’ Healing Touch” is a study of the healings performed by Jesus in chronological order. I was once asked why it had to be in chronological order. The reason for the chronological study is not to just focus on the healings Jesus performed but also on His life/ministry and the lives of those around him. There will be other subject studies in the future. I love subject studies of the scriptures simply because they give me a deeper understanding of the character of God.

So what about the name “Busted Thoughts”? Well, my last name is Buster. I have been very blessed with the name Buster. I’m proud of that name so I might as well use it. Also I do not claim to be a complete authority on the Word of God but rather a discoverer of the Word of God. I simply love discovering what It has and sharing what I discover. So that’s the reason for the name “Buster Thoughts.” Another very good reason for the name is because of Romans 12:2. It tells us to “be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.” In other words, we need to continually bust our thoughts. Ah, that was a good one.

It is almost silly to me to say, “Join me in this Bible study called Busted Thoughts.” It has that Mr. Roger’s kind of feel to it, but I don’t really know a better way to put it. Maybe I should put up my coat and nice shoes, and put on my sweater and canvas shoes. . . Anyway, come discover with me. I welcome all input.

No comments: