Peter’s Ma-in-Law Pt. 2 of 2

So what it ministry?
In the last entry I went over Matt's record of the healing of Pete’s ma’s-in-law healing. I’ll be fair and show Mark's & Luke’s records too.

Mark 1: 29 As soon as they left the synagogue, they went with James and John to the home of Simon and Andrew. 30 Simon's mother-in-law was in bed with a fever, and they told Jesus about her. 31 So he went to her, took her hand and helped her up. The fever left her and she began to wait on them.
Luke 4:38 Jesus left the synagogue and went to the home of Simon. Now Simon's mother-in-law was suffering from a high fever, and they asked Jesus to help her. 39 So he bent over her and rebuked the fever, and it left her. She got up at once and began to wait on them.

Now I used the NIV translation for the scriptures above but I think the NIV loses something in the translation. “Ministry” is lost in the translation. Check out how the King James translates the end of Mark 1:31 “and she ministered unto them.” She “ministered” right away, so what it ministry? So many times we look at the “pulpit” positions and say that’s “ministry” but in reality “ministry” can and should happen every single day instead of just on Sundays. As I was meditating on this story one morning I came up with this quote: “When you act selflessly you end up getting what is selfishly in your heart.” Someone who is way more quotable than me put it this way: “Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all these other things shall be added unto you.” When I was in Bible school I remember one of my teachers talking about healing. He said that from his personal experience he had witnessed missionaries receive their healings, if they needed healing, quicker than a person that was not a missionary. The reason why was because the missionary saw past their own need and wanted to get back out and serve. Maybe that is why Pete’s mom was healed so fast, because she wanted to serve/minister. Or maybe she served/ministered because she was healed so quickly. Regardless, when she got healed she ministered. If we need a healing and receive it, then what are we going to do with it? I’m not suggesting God is withholding healing from you (if you need healing) just because your heart motives. I would never suggest that; I don’t believe God ever withholds healing (subject for another blog entry), but this subject covered today just may be a reason why some healings are delayed. It is always good to do a little “self check” on our motives.
Stay blessed y’all, it’s your choice.
jimmy

No comments: