He lives where?

He lives where?
I had to fit this in before sending my computer back to the shop. The cd/dvd/whatever doesn’t want to act right. So while I still have the warranty I’m shipping it back. I’m sticking with the worship theme. I love worship. I sing like a bird, it’s foul. HAHA, as my pastor here in Birm would say “that one is free”. I really do wish I had a great sounding voice. Kind of like my wife’s voice, just more manly. But no matter how terrible Kesha thinks I singing, I know God loves to hear me. Ps 22:3 has been bouncing around my brain for the last few weeks. It says (KJV) “But thou [art] holy, [O thou] that inhabitest the praises of Israel.” I checked that script in my big mac’daddy 4 translation Bible. Seriously, this thing is huge and it has an awesome story behind it. I’ll share that story another day. NIV states “Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the praise of Israel.” New American Standard says “O Thou who art enthroned upon the praises of Israel.” The Amp’d up version says “But You are holy, O You Who dwell in [the holy place where] the praises of Israel [are offered].” It’s crazy typing all those out but it helps me study and meditate on Ps 22:3. I think I like the KJV the best because it’s what I grew up with. But breaking down this scripture I find, from the KJV, that “[O thou] that inhabitest” comes from just one Hebrew word “Yashab”. From what I’m finding in my word study and lexicon is that this is an active thing. It’s like He actively lives in my praise. Let me back up. He actively lives on the praise that I offer to Him. That makes me wonder what kind of place I have built for Him. Have I given a place with great furnishing? Or have I given some broken down sorry apartment on the eastside of Loser Town. Would He even want to live in my place/praise? I don’t want to be the landlord that’s embraced because I know the residency that I’m providing sucks. I want my praise to be well worth living in. Fresh carpet, new tile, not something stuck in the 70’s. Now going back to the translations I typed out before. The Amp’d version seems to be referring that God lived in the “Holy of Holies” of the temple where praise was offered. What ever, we live on this side of the cross & 1 Cor 6:19 states “your body is the temple”. I just want to give Him something that He’s comfortable in, a place that He would want to stay. I know when I praise Him my life is better. It’s the point that when I have praise & worship on my IPod in the gym, I feel stronger. Seriously! The other day I put up 740lds on the leg press & I had Saving Grace playing. I made sure I had it on the part that goes “Jesus Savior, My life belongs to you forever. Cause you have set my heart on fire, you have set me free.” My church here in Birm does such a great job with that song. I guess the only place to leave this blog entry is to challenge you, and myself, not be that sorry landlord. Give Him something great to live in. Something for Him to brag about….

1 comment:

TeVeT said...

Very cool! I believe it takes a lot for a person to lay down their soul and encourage their Spirit to soar into worship! It is a choice and not an easy one to make at first. But when we give ourselves over to Him, to say HOLY, HOLY, HOLY and not help, help, help is a great indication of a deep realtionship that He is worthy of and that He desires for us to have with Him.