And Love...

Saturday morn… I woke up early-early, like 4am. Wrestled for about an hour on whether to get up and watch SportsCenter or worship God for awhile. Flesh won @ 1st. for about an hour + I watched all what I already knew then started flipping through the channels aimlessly. Too many infomercials & bad preaching on that time of morning. Finally I decided to download some worship music to my iPod and take the villains for a walk. As I was walking, picking up their poop, and worshiping (not necessarily in that order) I started thinking on 1 Cor.13:13. You know that scripture, everyone loves to quote it. 1 Cor 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. It can be a simple scripture or a real deep one. I like to keep things simple. Why love? Why is love the greatest of them all? It was great that I was listening to worship while I was meditating on this script because it made me think of Heaven. When we get to heaven we’re going to be worshiping all the time. When we get to Heaven we’re gonna be surrounded by His love all the time. Faith, we won’t need faith when we get to heaven. Heb 11:1 says “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” We’re going to see everything when get to heaven. Hope, Heaven is our hope. I like how the Amplified Bible put 1 Cor. 13:13 “13And so faith, hope, love abide [faith--conviction and belief respecting man's relation to God and divine things; hope--joyful and confident expectation of eternal salvation; love--true affection for God and man, growing out of God's love for and in us], these three; but the greatest of these is love.” That leaves us with one, Love. For once I want to worship like I’m in heaven, not needing faith or hope. This is what I mean. Most of the time when I worship I’m still aware of what’s going on around me. I know the needs that are tugging @ me, the healings that I or my family needs. I just want to worship in love, without need. I want to cry “Holy, Holy, Holy” without crying “Help, Help, Help”! It’s hard to do that when we don’t live in Heaven yet. If we have Christ as our savior then we have the house being built but we don’t actually live there yet.

No comments: